The Benefits of HypnoBirthing for Mum & Baby
The maternity system in Australia in in crisis. It is leaving 30% of new mums traumatised by their birth experience. More than 15% of mums (and 10% of dads) end up suffering from Post Natal Depression and approximately 9% have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
For me, these statistics are not ok. The industry must change and we are the revolution. HypnoBirthing stacks in the odds in your favour so you are less likely to be included in that 30%.
HypnoBirthing has many awesome benefits including;
- 80% fewer requests for pain medication
- 50% less epidurals
- 45% reduction in cesarean sections
- Shorter labour by an average of 3 hours
- Decreased use of artificial induction
- Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
- It reduces or eliminates fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake and with energy for the birthing
- Happier and more content mothers and babies
- Babies more alert; able to nurse almost immediately
- It promotes special bonding of the mother, baby and birthing companion
- Fewer cases of post natal depression reported
- It promotes more rapid postnatal recovery
- Creates an more integral role for the birthing companion
- Gives you ongoing skills in relaxation and self-hypnosis to manage stress and pain
Basically you increase your chances of experiencing all the good stuff and reduce your chances of all the negative stuff.