BENEFITS OF HYPNOBIRTHING
As a qualified HypnoBirthing teacher and mother of two children, I’m always troubled by the statistics of women who have traumatic births.
30% of new mums are upset by their birth experience. More than 15% of mums (and 10% of dads) end up suffering from Post Natal Depression and approximately 9% have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). These figures are not ok!
I believe the industry must change, and I believe education is the starting point.
We need more education for mothers on how our bodies should work during birth, that our bodies work in harmony with our babies and not against each other during labour, how we can manage pain most effectively, and most importantly how to remain calm when things don’t go to plan. HypnoBirthing, I believe, is that all encompassing education that women and their birth partners need in order to give them the best chance at avoiding the negatives in childbirth.
Below are some of the great benefits of HypnoBirthing:
- 80% fewer requests for pain medication
- 50% less epidurals
- 45% reduction in cesarean sections
- Shorter labour by an average of 3 hours
- Decreased use of artificial induction
- Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
- It reduces or eliminates fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake and with energy for the birthing
- Happier and more content mothers and babies
- Babies more alert; able to nurse almost immediately
- It promotes special bonding of the mother, baby and birthing companion
- Fewer cases of post natal depression reported
- It promotes more rapid postnatal recovery
- Creates an more integral role for the birthing companion
- Gives you ongoing skills in relaxation and self-hypnosis to manage stress and pain
In conclusion, you increase your chances of experiencing all the good stuff and reduce your chances of all the negative stuff.
The benefits of HypnoBirthing are highlighted in our 95% success rate with clients. Our course teaches you a range of techniques to manage your labour in a calm comfortable and controlled environment. We provide a full education around birth which includes relaxation and breathing techniques, visualisations, affirmations and hypnosis.
Ultimately, the course prepares your mind and body for labour and gives you and your baby the best start in your motherhood journey.