<< View All Classes
HypnoBirthing Classes for Parents
The HypnoBirthing International (Mongan Method) Antenatal Course is a series of 5 sessions of 2.5 hours duration which is held over the course of 5 weeks.
Hunter Valley, NSW
Register your interest
What will we learn?
- Special breathing techniques to use in pregnancy, during labour and birth
- Positions and relaxation techniques to use during labour and birth
- Tools for your birth companion to support you throughout your birth
- How your body works efficiently and effectively through the different stages of labour
- How stress, fear or tension can alter the course of your birth and how to prevent this
- How to avoid induction and unnecessary or unwanted intervention
- Creating your birth preferences and communicating with your Midwife or Obstetrician
- Practical body and mind techniques such as affirmation, visualisation and deepening.
- and so much more!
This course would benefit you if:
- You are pregnant and wanting a natural birth.
- You are pregnant and are booked for a caesarean.
- You have fear about your birthing day.
- You are wanting to have a vaginal birth after a caesarean (VBAC).
- You have had a previous birth that was disappointing or traumatic.
- You are wanting to do an antenatal course that doesn’t focus on pain and drugs.
- You are looking for information on birth, your body and how it will all work on the day.
- You feel your partner needs more involvement, and would like some tips on how to properly support you.
- You are wanting to prepare a birth plan or preferences with informed choices.
- You are wanting to connect with your baby and learn about pre and post birth parenting.
- You are interested in learning some life changing techniques on reducing fear, stress and pain.
What is included?
- 5 x 2.5 hour classes
- HypnoBirthing Book by Marie Mongan
- Rainbow Relaxation MP3 and other relaxation mp3’s
- Bound Parent Handout Book including relaxation scripts, birth preferences template, affirmations and so much more
- Weekly emails to keep you on track with your practice!
- The most up to date evidence based information on pregnancy and birth. This is incredibly important for you and your baby.
- Support from your Educator
- and so much more!
Why is it over 5 weeks?
We understand that expecting couples are busier than ever and time is precious, so being offered to do your childbirth classes over a quick weekend may seem convenient and efficient (until you really understand that a quick intensive course is NOT the best option).
Self-hypnosis and deep relaxation are very effective birthing techniques. They are acquired skills that need to be learned gradually and practised between sessions. This ensures that you have the time to develop the conditioned responses that make HypnoBirthing The Mongan Method so successful. There is no short cut, and this why our program is taught in five, 2 ½ hour sessions.
How much does the course cost?
Our Educators set their own prices for the classes, but all work closely together in ensuring their pricing is similar. Once you get in touch with your Educator they will outline the cost of the course. We feel confident that this will be one of the most important investments you make for your birth and start to parenting!
I was a bit skeptical about HypnoBirthing, however after the most incredible birthing experience, I gladly own up to how wrong I was! It gave both my husband and I the confidence to advocate for the birth we wanted and that felt natural to us. It was helpful in ways I hadn’t imagined possible and couldn’t have predicted.
Eliza W, QLD
After a horrific inducted & instrumental 1st birth I was experiencing severe anxiety about having to go through labour & birth again… Cyndi was an angel that kept me grounded throughout the whole process as our doula & hypnobirth teacher which allowed a great start to life for Lottie & helped us bond instantly!
Lindsay P, VIC
HypnoBirthing was truly one of the most beautiful experiences. I recovered very quickly from both births and I truly believe hypnobirthing had so much to do with that and we have such relaxed, beautiful, healthy children. I hope many more woman and their partners can become empowered to have the births they dream of.
Michelle C, VIC