๐ŸŒธ Luella Florence Howard ๐ŸŒธ

Surprise gender baby, our third bubba and second little girl!!

Born 25/02/2020 at 1242pm weighing 3.84kg, 51cm long and 34cm

39+5 spontaneous labour ๐Ÿฅฐ

Woke up and made breaky for my daughter and felt a mild period type cramp at about 7:30am and thought it was a little different to the usual Braxton Hicks that I’d been getting. I told my husband that I thought it could potentially turn into labour and that we should get organised just in case. We got the kids dressed and went out for a walk to our local cafe at about 9:30am and I was getting mild surges every 7-8 minutes during the time we were out but still very easily managed, I still felt like it could fizzle out. We got home at 10:30am and my husband took the kids to my mums so that I could have some peace and quiet at home in the hope that labour would progress. While he was out I called my midwife to tell her that surges were every 5 minutes lasting 45 seconds and that I’d stay home until I was a little further along.

At 11:30am I called my midwife again saying that contractions were every 3.5 minutes lasting 45 seconds and that I’d like to come in so that I could labour the shower or bath. She asked me if I felt any pressure in my bottom and I said only during a contraction to which she said I don’t think you’ll be having a bath, you’ll be having a baby ๐Ÿ˜‚

On the car ride to the hospital I put the Rainbow Relaxation track on and breathed through my surges – probably 10 surges in a 15-20 minute car trip. Got to hospital and had 3 surges between parking the car and getting into the birth suite. Once in there I leant over the bed and my husband put pressure on my lower back while I had another contraction and my waters broke. My body started pushing and it was a mad rush for the midwives to get towels and warm compress etc. Baby’s head was born gradually without me pushing to try and not tear and once her head was out I waited for the next contraction to push her body out and my husband caught her! He passed her to be between my legs and I saw that we had a little girl ๐Ÿ˜ It was such an intense few minutes at the end – we were only in hospital for about 10 minutes before she was born! I didn’t need any stitches and we were home by 6:30pm to introduce Luella to her big brother Hugo and big sister Ivy.

An awesome birth for our third and final bubba ๐Ÿ˜€

Facebook Comments