If you are looking for an amazing, transformational birth experience then HypnoBirthing is what you’ve been looking for.
So, what is HypnoBirthing?
While labour is seen as a very physical process, HypnoBirthing allows you to focus on all the aspects of your birth, not just for you, but also for your birth partner and baby.
HypnoBirthing is a complete education in birthing.
HypnoBirthing teaches you how to influence labour via a range of easily learned techniques that include: education, relaxation, breathing techniques, visualisations, affirmations and hypnosis.
Don’t worry, hypnosis for birthing is not an out of body experience where you won’t remember any of your birth. Hypnosis promotes a natural state of relaxation and heightened state of awareness so you can focus on different aspects of your labour, and reduce others (like pain!)
HypnoBirthing can be appropriate for many mothers. First time mothers, mums planning a VBAC and even those who are booked for a planned c-section. The techniques taught in HypnoBirthing can be adapted for each of these birthing experiences.
Here at The HypnoBirthing Collective we are troubled by the statistics of women who have traumatic births.
30% of new mums are upset by their birth experience. More than 15% of mums (and 10% of dads) end up suffering from Post Natal Depression and approximately 9% have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). These figures are not ok!
We believe the industry must change, and we believe education is the starting point.
We need more education for mothers on how our bodies should work during birth, that our bodies work in harmony with our babies and not against each other during labour, how we can manage pain most effectively, and importantly how to remain calm when things don’t go to plan. HypnoBirthing, we believe, is that all encompassing education that women and their birth partners need in order to give them the best chance at avoiding the negatives in childbirth.
SOME OF THE GREAT HYPNOBIRTHING BENEFITS:
- 80% fewer requests for pain medication
- 50% less epidurals
- 45% reduction in cesarean sections
- Shorter labour by an average of 3 hours
- Decreased use of artificial induction
- Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
- It reduces or eliminates fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake and with energy for the birthing
- Happier and more content mothers and babies
- Babies more alert; able to breastfeed almost immediately
- It promotes special bonding of the mother, baby and birthing companion
- Fewer cases of post natal depression reported
- It promotes more rapid postnatal recovery
- Creates an more integral role for the birthing partner
- Gives you ongoing skills in relaxation and self-hypnosis to manage stress and pain
- Everything you need to know to achieve a safer, easier and even more comfortable birth
- The role of your partner and /or birthing companion in your baby’s birth
- The importance of bonding before and after the birth of your baby
- What’s gone wrong with labour in our society, why and how to overcome it
- What the Fear-Tension-Pain syndrome is, how to avoid it and reduce the pain often associated with labour
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis to eliminate fear and tension through pregnancy
- Techniques of deep relaxation, massage and visualisation during labour
- Special breathing techniques to produce a shorter, and more comfortable labour
- The amazing natural design of you and your baby’s body and how they work accordingly in harmony during labour easily and comfortably
- How to keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- How to greatly reduce or eliminate the need for chemical pain killers, drugs and other intervention
- To create your body’s own natural pain relief and anaesthetic
- Natural ways to stimulate labour without chemical induction
Ideally for our HypnoBirthing courses you will be at least 20 weeks pregnant when attending the course OR have a minimum of 4 weeks before your due date. As a result this allows you to practice learned techniques after the course has finished and therefore give you the best chance of a calm birth.
If you are outside these dates, please contact us to work through your options. Most importantly, we believe it is never, ever too late or too early to learn HypnoBirthing.
Our HypnoBirthing course for groups is delivered in small class sizes that encourages open communication and allows you to get specific advice for your unique pregnancy.
The classes are well paced, yet we have set times for group discussions, and plenty of bathroom and snack breaks (a necessity when you’re pregnant!).
Michelle and her team of experienced educators have been teaching busy classes since 2016 and deliver an informative and entertaining course. Your birth partner or support people who will be attending your birth, should attend the course. This can also include a close family member, or a friend, or also includes a doula or student midwife.
Group classes are run on Monday evenings at 7.00pm and Saturday mornings at 10am.