Why I am so proud to be a Gold Seal HypnoBirthing® Mongan Method Practitioner
HypnoBirthing® the Mongan Method is an Evidenced Based Antenatal Program. I know that when I am teaching couples (and ALL Gold Seal practitioners as we teach the same content!), I am teaching a program with 25 years of success and results behind it! It is currently taught in 45 countries around the world! HypnoBirthing® Mongan Method has been taught in Australia for 16 years with practitioners Australia wide – 160 to date and growing rapidly. I love that practitioners are from a wide variety of backgrounds – Midwives, Doctors, Physiotherapists, Hypnotherapists or Mum’s, like myself, who have experienced how life changing the program is (and not just for labour!) and are
passionate about spreading the word about positive birth! We are all excited to be part of the change to empower all women to have a more positive birth experience. HypnoBirthing® recognises that birth is unpredictable, so we prepare women for whatever turn their birthing takes. Gone are the days where ‘a healthy baby’ is ALL that matters – there are so many other dimensions to consider including a mum’s Emotional and Spiritual wellbeing.
Why choose an Australian Gold Seal practitioner?
Gold Seal practitioners all teach relevant, up-to-date information that reflects the Australian Maternity Model of Care. Gold Seal practitioners are required to update their skills regularly through professional development and professional reading. If new information becomes available as to what is best care and evidence based we pass this information on to couples to help them make their own informed decisions. HypnoBirthing® is currently being taught in four Australian hospitals with more coming on board! HypnoBirthing® has accreditation with the Australian College of Midwives.
To find a Gold Seal HypnoBirthing® practitioner in your State, please visit our website: www.hypnoBirthinginternational.com.au
You can also locate Supportive Providers should you need a recommendation for a midwife, physiotherapist, lactation consultant, doula and many other health care providers. There are links to excellent resources on this site so it is a definite one to bookmark if you are pregnant or thinking of having a baby in the future! The research tells us that your choice of Careprovider plays a pivotal role in determining how your birth will play out – recognising what an important factor this is, you can now download your ’40 question guide’ to find out if your Careprovider is right for you! You can download your guide instantly here: https://hypnobirthing.com.au/shopping-for-maternity-care-find-your-best-fit-care-provider/
Researched Outcomes and Advantages
Data shows that HypnoBirthing® mums have:
• Fewer cases of pre-eclampsia/ dehydration
• Fewer interventions and surgical births
• Decreased use of oxytocics or AROM
• Shorter first and second-phase labour
• Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
• Lessened or eliminated need for analgesia
• Happier and content mothers and babies
• Babies alert; able to nurse almost immediately
• No cases of post-partum depression reported
• Infants with higher than average APGAR scores
• Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension, and therefore, pain.
• Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
• Shortens the first phase of labour
• Leaves a mother feeling fresh, awake and with energy
• Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
• Reduces the need for an episiotomy
• Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labour
• Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
• Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
• Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
• Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world
We wish for you, a Happy and Positive Birthing Day!
Written by HypnoBirthing Educator, Natalie Jones, VIC.